I was reading my journal today and found this entry titled, “Realizations that made my life happier, easier and peaceful”. I hope they help you.
- Realizing that people are different and there are going to be people who have different likes, dislikes and tastes from what I have. Some may even have negative and wrong beliefs about the things I like and that’s okay.
- Realizing that people may not always understand me but that doesn’t mean my feelings and thoughts are worthless. Not getting understood by people should not make me feel what I believe in is worthless.
- Understanding that if something takes away my inner peace, I should leave it immediately.
- Understanding that when things are not going anywhere, leave them. If there’s nothing you can do about something, then let it go. Thinking about it will make it all only worse making you feel all the negative feelings.
- Realizing that I have full control over my happiness and it’s only my responsibility to make myself happy.
- That happiness is a really easy concept and can be found in small and simple things.
- Change yourself only for yourself. The reason for changing yourself should never be your desire for acceptance from people.
The list will keep on increasing as my experiences increase. But for now, these are important realizations I’ve had.
What important realizations have made your life easier?